With more than $145 billion in assets under management, Edmonton’s financial services industry is a rapidly growing part of the city’s economy. Major members of the sector in Edmonton include:
- AIMCo, the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, which manages public employee pension investments and a portfolio of other provincial funds worth approximately $71 billion.
- Two regional banks are headquartered here. TheCanadian Western Bank is western Canada’s largest publicly traded bank. ATB Financial, a full-service bank owned by the government of Alberta, is the province’s largest financial institution.
- Alberta’s number-one credit union with $10 billion in assets, Servus Credit Union is owned by its 400,000 members.
- Canada’s national banks and major life and property insurance companies also have regional offices here.
Financial services is a key industry because of the growing profile of local companies across North America and globally. Financial services offer excellent career opportunities and contribute to the diversity of Edmonton’s economy.
Where Assets are Managed
More than $145 billion dollars in assets are managed by Edmonton-headquartered companies in the following categories:
- Investment Management Assets: $ 88 Billion
- Banks & Credit Union Assets: $50.6 Billion
- Insurance Assets: $7.4 Billion
To learn more about the financial services industry in Edmonton, contact:
Director, Industry Development