Northern Alberta Labour Attraction
With the highest average wage for trades in Canada, Northern Alberta is looking to hire skilled trades and staff professionals like you. Find your future in one of these positions.
visit www.opportunityawaits.com for opportunities available.
Edmonton’s dynamic economy created an astonishing 44,900 new jobs in the 12 months ended Oct. 31, 2011. With incomes that are 26% higher than the national average, Edmonton is a good place to work and live. Led by investments in resource projects, demand continues to be strong for accredited trades people, engineers, accountants and other occupations. Shortages of skilled workers are again becoming a challenge for many industries in Edmonton, including those with large numbers of employees nearing retirement age. Measures to increase the availability of skilled workers in the region include:
- Increased participation by under-employed segments of society.
- Increased productivity and innovation.
- Making workers outside the region aware of the opportunities in Edmonton.
How we help businesses
- Inform: By researching and sharing information about labour trends and providing enhanced tools and supports to better assist employers to address their labour needs.
- Attract: By assisting employers to bring skilled workers to the region by working with partners to demonstrate job and business opportunities in Edmonton.
- Retain: By working with community agencies, employers and other partners to retain skilled workers in the Edmonton region.
- Develop: By working with employers and providers of education and training to reduce barriers to employment.
Edmonton is a great place to work and live. Discover what awaits you in Alberta’s capital city.
For more information about how we can help to strengthen your workforce, please contact:
Manager, Workforce Development