Programs and Services
EEDC’s purpose is to increase prosperity and the quality of life for people of the Edmonton region. Our activities include promoting economic development, marketing Edmonton as a tourist destination and managing the Shaw Conference Centre and Edmonton Research Park.
In support of our vision of becoming one of the best mid-sized cities in the world by 2030, EEDC provides leadership in key economic environments encourages innovation and builds the city’s global recognition.
With a focus on the key sectors of advanced technology, education, energy, tourism, health, plus finance, insurance, and real estate, EEDC offers a large portfolio of programs and services. They include:
- Markets regional advantages to attract investment and entrepreneurs
- Supports key sector trade missions
- Evaluates issues critical to Edmonton’s economic development
- Acts as an industry advocate and liaison
- Supports the growth and global competitiveness of key industries
- Attracts research and venture capital funding to develop and market products
- Attracts businesses to Greater Edmonton
- Assists new companies with site selection
- Connects businesses and build relationships
- Matches business opportunities with local and foreign companies
- Markets Edmonton’s business-friendly environment
- Targets opportunities for business development
- Provides community and lifestyle information vital to investment decisions
- Encourages business leadership and awareness related to improved processes, technologies and business models
- Promotes Edmonton’s role as a transportation centre for distribution, warehousing and logistics
- Develops an effective workforce for Edmonton business through public/private partnerships
- Forecasts Edmonton’s current and projected labour requirements
- Promotes economic and social benefits of a skilled and diverse workforce
- Attract conferences, business travel, sports and cultural events.
- Build global recognition.
- In partnership with City of Edmonton, build Edmonton awareness.
- Work to leverage greater international access to the region.
- Promote regional festivals, cultural events and interesting things to see and do.
- Provide Visitor Information Centres.
- Provide location scouting assistance, script and budgeting breakdown.
- Work in partnership with Alberta film and local producers and the City of Edmonton.
- Ensure film-friendliness and cost effectiveness.
- Expand Edmonton Research Park to maximize synergy and collaboration of knowledge-based firms.
- Work collaboratively with other advanced technology incubation facilities in the region to enhance growth.
- Invest in an information campaign to tell the world about the advantages of our region.
- Attract investment and skilled people to build next-generation technolog.
- Deliver high standard products and services to SCC clients including banquet, event, culinary, and security services.
- Direct sales to international, national, and regional associations; respond to inquiries from local events and the entertainment industry.
- Maintain building to highest industry standards.