The Edmonton Research Park (ERP) and Innovation and Technology Advancement (I&TA) groups promote innovation and the diversification of the regional economy.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, I&TA, the Administrative Assistant supports both groups in most office support duties.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Office communications, mail, meeting and event coordination, calendar management, filing, etc.,
- Receptionist functions including phone inquiries, customer directions, ordering supplies, etc.,
- Assisting with lease contract administration and monthly invoicing,
- Attending weekly staff meetings and taking minutes,
- Maintaining current & former tenant directory & distribution lists,
- Helping organize networking events to encourage tenant interaction and knowledge growth,
- Preparation and delivery of the quarterly ERP newsletter to all ERP tenants,
- Supporting Tech & Innovation staff as required.
Qualified candidates will possess;
- Post-secondary business training,
- Previous work experience in Property Management and/or working with start-up companies,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of Applications,
- Ability to multitask and take initiative with little day-to-day direction,
- A strong detail orientation with disciplined time management skills,
- A flexible work schedule to accommodate occasional evenings and weekend events, hosting opportunities.
Note – some travel (valid passport) and occasional after hours / weekend work required.
This is a part-time position 5hrs/day, 5 days/week
All interested applicants should forward a covering letter and resume, along with salary expectations, no later than January 18, 2012.
HR Posting #12-001
Human Resources Department
3rd Floor, World Trade Centre
9990 Jasper Avenue Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1P7
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org single-file attachment only please)
EEDC thanks all applicants for their time and interest however; only those selected for interview will be contacted.