Edmonton News Media
Uncensored, diverse news sources
As well as national and international TV programming, and a variety of radio stations, Edmonton has several local print sources of news. Some are traditional, some less so.
A Popular, Non-traditional Medium
Connect 2 Edmonton (C2E) is an online community forum. It’s dedicated to discussing the tremendous variety of things to explore and become involved with in and around Edmonton. You’ll learn a great many reasons why locals love their city, and why they believe there’s no better place in the world to live.
Two Daily Newspapers
- The Edmonton Journal is Edmonton’s full-size, broadsheet source for Edmonton news, business, sports, entertainment, and classified ads.
- The Edmonton Sun is the city’s tabloid.
Several Informative Weeklies
- The Fort Saskatchewan Record reports weekly news for its town, which is 25 kilometers north-east of Edmonton.
- The Leduc Representative serves the town of Leduc, just south of Edmonton.
- The Sherwood Park News reports for its community, south-east of Edmonton.
- The Spruce Grove Examiner serves the region just to the west of Edmonton.
- The St. Albert Gazette reports twice-weekly for the region just outside of Edmonton's northern boundary, in the beautiful Sturgeon River Valley.
- The Stony Plain Reporter covers the town of Stony Plain, to the west of Edmonton.