Edmonton offers a full spectrum of indoor and outdoor sports for all ages and abilities, from recreational to professional.
2012 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships
From December 26 to January 4. Edmonton and Calgary will share host city duties for the 2012 IIHF World Jr. Hockey Championships. Players and fans from all over the world will come together in Edmonton for a week of fun and excitement, topped by a world class sporting event. Various tournament games will take place at the home of the Edmonton Oilers – Rexall Place.
The Big Leagues
It’s always a thrill to watch the city’s finest at play.
- Edmonton Eskimos. CFL Football. Commonwealth Stadium. 780.448.ESKS.
- Edmonton Oilers. NHL Hockey. Rexall Place. 780.414.GOAL.
- Edmonton Oil Kings. WHL Hockey. Rexall Place. 780.409.3700.
- Edmonton Capitals. Golden Baseball League. TELUS Field. 780.414.GOAL.
- Edmonton Rush Lacrosse Club. National Lacrosse League. Rexall Place. 780.732.RUSH.
- Edmonton Energy. IBL Professional Basketball. 780.427.9044.
- Northlands Park. Enjoy live thoroughbred and harness racing as well as global simulcast racing, slot machines and gaming, and great dining at Northlands Spectrum. 780.471.7210.
The greater Edmonton area offers many fun and exciting sports and fitness venues. Here are just a few:
- Kinsmen Sports Centre. This world class facility features two indoor tracks, badminton, squash, racquetball, wallyball, tennis (indoors and out), aquatic area, table tennis, basketball, weights, personal training, pitch and putt, large outdoor playground and fitness centre. 9100 Waterdale Hill. 780.442.5311.
- Edmonton Leisure Centres. More than a dozen civic facilities offer pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness equipment, tracks, children’s areas and more. 780.442.5311.
- Dow Centennial Centre. This centre in Fort Saskatchewan includes a soccer pitch, ice arena, gymnasium and theatre. 8700 84 Street, Fort Saskatchewan. 780.992.6400.
- Strathcona County Millennium Place. This large complex features indoor wave pool, competition pool, ice arenas, leisure ice rink with skate rental, playground zone, soccer fields, gymnasium, running track, fitness centre, outdoor skateboard park. 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park. 780.416.3300.
- TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre. This large recreational complex featurse a waterslide, kids water park, ice skating, hockey, soccer fields, running track, fitness centre and a playground zone. 221 Campsite Road, Spruce Grove. 780.960.5080.
- Servus Place. Water play centre, leisure ice, arenas, fitness/wellness centre, indoor track, training centre and more. 400 Campbell Road, St. Albert. 780.418.6088.
Choose from a variety of arenas and outdoor skating venues in the region.
- City of Edmonton Arenas. For public skating hours.
- Millenium Place. 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park, 780.416.3300.
- TransAlta TriLeisure Centre. 221 Campsite Road, Spruce Grove, 780.960.5080.
- Servus Place. 400 Campbell Road, St. Alberta, 780.418.6088.
- Dow Centennial Centre. Fort Saskatchewan, 780.992.6400.
- River Cree Twin Rinks. River Cree Resort & Casino. 780.484.2121.
- West Edmonton Mall Ice Palace. 780.444.5290.
- Alberta Legislature
- Hawrelak Park
- Jackie Parker Park
- Lacombe Lake Park
- Millwoods Campus Park
- Rundle Park (ACT)
- Victoria Park Oval
Call 780.496.4999 for locations and conditions